KZ Does It. Kind of.

The whole world knows about Isa Chandra Moskowitz's newest release, Isa Does It . Every living vegan has already taken 1000 photos of t...

The whole world knows about Isa Chandra Moskowitz's newest release, Isa Does It. Every living vegan has already taken 1000 photos of themselves with their free-with-preorder tote, and posted a picture of their cat sitting by the book. I'm guilty of posting and hashtagging all the recipes I've made from the book too, and looking through everyone else's renditions. I love attacking my new cookbooks with vigor: marking up the pages, noting in the margins anything interesting that happened while I made the recipe, where I found weird ingredients, ideas for next time... It's like I'm an academic, though I'm a scholar of veganism, not Voltaire. Cookbooks, not Candide. I'm way too punk for Voltaire.

 Seitan and Broccoli with Pantry BBQ sauce over brown rice from Isa Does It

 Sticky Orange Chicky Seitan Stir Fry from Isa Does It

This dish is what I mean about Isa. Scrambled Chickpeas? I would never ever make this if it were posted on someone else's blog, or in some article from VegNews, or anywhere, really. But I trust her. I made this knowing I would love it. Surprise-- it was totally amazing and I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Twice.

Beefy Asparagus Stir Fry from Isa Does It

This is Lentil-A-Roni from Isa Does It, which looks like a simple pasta even your boyfriend could make, but really, it has amazing depth of flavor and sings to her inspiration, a childhood of chef-boyardee beefaroni. You simply cannot hate chef boyardee, even if you vow never to eat it again. It has a special place in my child-of-the-90s heart. It's creamy, salty, a little cheesy, and totally nostalgic.

Speaking of nostalgia, there are like 4 recipes for mac and cheese. Mac and cheese is an important part of life-- especially for vegans. Isa does the shit out of Mac and Cheese. This is the Roasted Red Pepper Mac. She says she used to call it "Pizza Mac" and after tasting it, I can totally see why. It tastes like pepperoni! It really does. I served it over asparagus just to make it seem like I was giving my body something proper, when really I ate this and several more bowls with no asparagus included.

Quinoa Caesar with Breaded Tofu from Isa Does It


 Also if you live in NYC, get your hands on DF Mavens ice cream. It's an order. I had it last year at the NYC Vegfest and fell in love with it. I scored some from the health food store in Astoria. At least Astoria is good for something.

Happy Vegan Thanksgiving to all Vegans!!!
I love you all, and am so thankful you all exist.
Glob Bless You,
Love,
KZ
<3
 






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, everything looks amazing! Happy Vegan Thanksgiving to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great book. Have a great holiday <3

      Delete